Support Groups That Meet @ FBC
Alcoholics Anonymous is an international fellowship of men and women who have had a drinking problem. It is nonprofessional, self-supporting, multiracial, apolitical, and available almost everywhere. There are no age or education requirements. Membership is open to anyone who wants to do something about his or her drinking problem.
Time 7pm to 8:30pm
Room: Fellowship Hall
AA Friday Night Funtoo
Time: 7:45pm to 8:45pm
NA Clean Works
If you’re an addict, NA can help.
"Narcotics Anonymous is a nonprofit Fellowship or society of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem. We are recovering addicts who meet regularly to help each other stay clean. This is a program of complete abstinence from all drugs. There is only one requirement for membership, the desire to stop using.
In Narcotics Anonymous, we follow a program adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). The Twelve Steps of NA, as adapted from AA, are the basis of our recovery program. We have only broadened their perspective. Alcoholism is too limited a term for us; our problem is not a specific substance, it is a disease called addiction.”
– Narcotics Anonymous Basic Text
Time: 8pm to 9pm
More Info: cprna.org
Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, or S.L.A.A., is a program for anyone who suffers from an addictive compulsion to engage in or avoid sex, love, or emotional attachment. We use the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to recover from these compulsions. The following behaviors have been experienced by members.
- Having few healthy boundaries, we become sexually involved with and/or emotionally attached to people without knowing them.
- Fearing abandonment and loneliness , we stay in and return to painful, destructive relationships….
- We confuse love with neediness, physical and sexual attraction, pity and/or the need to rescue or be rescued.
- We sexualize stress, guilt, loneliness, anger, shame, fear and envy.….
- To avoid feeling vulnerable, we may retreat from all intimate involvement,…Excerpts from the Twelve Characteristics of Sex and Love Addiction ©1985
Time: 7:15pm to 8:15pm